Welcome to the Shetland Sheep Dog Club of Hawaii. Established in 1975, the started off with two open shows a year and continued to build our championship status. Every year, our open shows are held in September and May as each Championship show is chosen by ballot of the members of the club. The Shetland […]
Many of our members are active in performance and conformation venues as we welcome fresh members on a yearly basis. Our members include newfound puppy owners to well-seasoned dog show competitors.
At Shetland Sheep Dog Club of Hawaii, our objective of the club is to:
- Our aim is to provide a modern organization and enable as many Shetland sheepdog enthusiasts throughout Hawaii.
- Urge members to accept the standard of breeding as approved by AKC and ASSA.
- Conduct AKC performances show events
- Provide education and awareness for dog owners and breeders
- Promote the natural abilities of the beloved breed
- Encourage and promote quality in Shetland Sheepdogs
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
A Lot of of success is largely in part to having great relationships with our sponsors. Without them it would be much more difficult to expand and grow as we have.
At all of our events you will see accessories and products sponsored by companies like Yippr Dog Collar and would like to encourage you to give them a try when you need anything for your pet. They have very high quality dog collars and awesome dog leashes that will last you for a very long time.
JOIN OUR MEMBERSHIP
Traditional club membership is open to all who are interested in the promotion of Shetland sheepdog breed. We encourage breeders, exhibitors, and pet owners alike to join us as we prepare club meetings on a yearly basis.
All active members are eligible to participate in votes and receive annual awards. Members of the club may be nominated to join. New members are always welcome to join.